Music for Wedding Ceremonies
Your wedding will be a beautiful and magical moment to cherish forever, especially if you have chosen the right music. Adorn your ceremony with the elegance and majesty that it deserves - with beautiful live music provided by Musicians Contact Service.
photograph by Hollenbaugh Photography
Most wedding ceremonies utilize the following musical format:
- Musical Prelude - Usually starts a half hour before the actual ceremony begins. This provides a warm atmosphere for guests who arrive early for the ceremony.
- Music for Special Seatings - One or more special selections are chosen to be played while important guests are being seated, such as the mother of the bride.
- Bridesmaids Processional - A stately march-like musical selection playing during the entrance of the Bridesmaids. Traditionally, Trumpet Voluntary by Jeremiah Clark is an extremely elegant choice.
- Wedding Processional - An even more elegant musical selection for the entrance of the Bride. The traditional Wedding Processional is Wagner’s Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin (“Here comes the Bride”).
- Musical Interlude - A subdued musical selection performed during the ceremony, offering a musical change of a pace and a moment to reflect upon the significance of the occasion.
- Wedding Recessional - A joyous musical selection celebrating the completion of the Wedding Ceremony used by the Wedding Party to make their exit. The traditional Wedding Recessional is Mendelsohn’s Wedding March.
- Musical Postlude - The musical services continue while other guests exit.
All the musical groups listed below can play a wide selection of both traditional and popular music, and can custom tailor a wedding ceremony to fit your particular needs.
Brässkellar Brass Quartet
The Brässkellar Brass Quartet specializes in providing elegant musical settings for both indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies. Established in 1972, the group has a reputation for providing the highest quality musical services at affordable prices.
Syringa String Quartet
Syringa String Quartet - A 4-piece string ensemble perfect for wedding ceremonies, church services, and special events.
- Classical Guitarists
- And much more ...
For booking inquiries, quotes or other information, click on the following link:
You may also contact us directly at:
Musicians Contact Service of Boise
c/o Jim McMillan
3902 N. Burnstead Place
Boise, ID 83704
(208) 841-0441 (cell)
(208) 375-1112 (home)